The Company has a new and exciting opening which offers a great opportunity to learn and work in a dynamic and emerging technology sector. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with an excellent group of technologists as well some of the world’s most advanced Mobile Network Operators (MNO).
Anam is the fastest growing, independent SMS Firewall and A2P SMS monetization service provider in the world, filtering billions of messages on Mobile Networks in over 60 countries. Anam’s patented Signalling/SMS Firewall technology enables Operators to safeguard Subscriber trust in the mobile network, shielded from intrusion and SPAM.
With deep industry and technology knowledge, Anam provides the very best consulting talent to monetize A2P traffic. Anam is independent of aggregators and hubs and is focused on working with Mobile Network Operators to transform their A2P business. Anam invented and owns the patent for SMS Home Routing ™, a technique fundamental to SMS Firewalls.
Location: The role is based in an excellent Dublin City Centre location (IFSC).
Reporting Line: The position reports directly to the Software Development Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle across all product lines. The role will include responsibilities for software design, coding, execution and Unit Testing. They will also participate in the development of new feature sets and contribute to the evolution of the adopted software methodology/environment with particular emphasis on efficiency , scalability and software improvement.
- Participate in the development of functional specifications as well as associated detail design documents.
- Hands on development with a high level of competence across a variety of programming languages and environments (Java, C/C++, Web Services).
- Full coding and unit testing responsibilities and implementation of design specs.
- Personal ownership of code walk throughs and software verification processes.
- Code implemented adhering to existing software engineering practices and methodologies.
- Complete project deliverables with a high level of quality, using best practices in line with project schedules
- Developing scripting tools where necessary to assist with development and Unit testing
- Take initiative for improving the quality of products, processes and systems.
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate new found skills.
- Show the initiative in approaching senior members in the development team/organization in order to highlight/resolve and test issues quickly.
Requirements and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years proven software engineering experience in a product development environment.
- Experience of some or all of the following; Java, C/C++, GUI development, Web Services.
- Experience of working in Linux environment is an advantage.
- Python, shell scripting knowledge is desirable.
- Tomcat and Java Apps knowledge desirable.
- MySQL or another database knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of mobile telecoms/SMS products is desirable.
- Knowledge of any network or telecommunication protocols are desirable but not essential (e.g., DIAMETER/IP/SIP/MAP)
- Knowledge of Wireshark or other packet capture analysis tools an advantage.
- Excellent analytical & team working skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads, strong time-management skills.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Independent work approach and the ability to multi task in a busy work environment.
- Availability to travel as required.