10 Mar African Regional Sales Director – Job Spec
Anam is the world leading independent provider of Messaging solutions for Mobile Operators. Specialising in A2P Monetisation, Security & Hubbing applications, our systems process billions of messages daily across 85 countries for more than 650M subscribers.
Anam’s global team of SMS & A2P consultants use firewall, analytics, visualisation & reporting technologies to generate new revenues from A2P, protect subscribers against SPAM and fraud & deliver operational messaging efficiencies for Mobile Operators.
Anam is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with global Sales offices in Malaysia & Kenya. The company has further substantial worldwide support presence in Czech Republic, Egypt, Jamaica, Malta, Nigeria, Russia, Pakistan & Vietnam.
Anam is rated No 1 SMS Firewall vendor by a global industry survey of 172 Mobile Operators. The company is backed by Enterprise Ireland and was awarded Top Irish Exporter in Deloitte’s 2018 FAST50 programme.
Visit www.anam.com for more details.
Role Overview (Regional Sales Director Africa)
Anam is entering a period of unprecedented growth and is looking to expand the sales organization accordingly by hiring a Regional Account Director to lead sales activities in Anam’s African sales region. As a Regional Account Director you will be expected to work with customers either directly or through channel partners to drive sales in the region.
- Driving all new sales and account management of existing customers/partner in the region
- Using contacts to develop new direct sales relationships
- Supporting channel partners and sales agents working on new sales opportunities
- Identification of new potential partners and agents that are aligned with Anam objectives for the region
- Developing Account plans for existing accounts and upselling strategies
- Close interaction on RFP/RFIs with the Technical Pre Sales / Product Management teams
- Keeping Salesforce up to date with details of contacts, leads, opportunities, tasks and associated activities
- Working with Anam colleagues to plan customer interactions
- Preparing commercial proposals for customers
- Providing weekly progress reports
- Following Anam processes including those relating to proposal sign-off
- Attending conferences and exhibitions, generating leads at these events and follow-up on opportunities identified
- Achieving consistent sales targets
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a similar commercial role for mobile telecoms technology product companies
- Proven sales experience across Mobile Telecoms. Sales experience of SMS, FIREWALL, A2P Messaging Revenue Business solutions an advantage
- Ability to listen to customers and clearly rationalise their requirements and needs for technology solutions sourced from vendors
- Business/ IT or Engineering degree
- Ability to travel to customer sites across all of the African region, ideally based out of East Africa region for connectivity.
- Strong mobile telecommunications background
- Effective communications and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely motivated with passion to grow the business at a regional level
- Good business acumen
- Exceptional organisational skills, combined with ability to prioritise competing demands, maintain high quality standards and meet deadlines on multiple projects/tasks.
The Regional Account Director ideally will be based within region but subject to circumstances there may be flexibility with this. The Regional Account Director will be expected to travel to meet customers, and will potentially be travelling approximately one third of their time. Reporting is to Anam’s Director of Sales.