08 Mar Customer Support Engineer (Deployment/Managed Services)
The Company has a new and exciting opening which offers a great opportunity to learn and work in a dynamic and emerging technology sector. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with an excellent group of technologists as well some of the world’s most advanced Mobile Network Operators (MNO).
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to join Anam’s Deployment/Managed Services teams. These dynamic groups provide deployment, managed services and consultancy to our international customer base of Mobile Network Operators. The position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about Telecommunications Networks, security and messaging in particular while working in a fast-paced environment.
Post Covid-19, the role will also offer the candidate the opportunity for some global travel.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be involved in providing technical support to customers and will be involved in the deployment, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of all services and product offerings. The individual should have the excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to work in an independent way. Excellent people, presentation and communication skills are essential requirements.
- Maintenance of live systems adhering to structured Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide an excellent and consistent customer service experience to our clients.
- Product deployment and customer on-boarding
- Collect and analyse data from Live Messaging Nodes to determine optimal performance and trends.
- Generation & validation of customer facing reports.
- Utilize and manage bug tracking ticketing system (Jira/Bugzilla) to prioritize work.
- Live systems performance monitoring and product support.
- Troubleshooting of pre and post deployed systems .
- Participation in 24*7 support rota.
- Daily interaction with customers, internal engineering and analytics teams.
Requirements and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years operations/support experience preferably in Telecoms/IT.
- UNIX Proficient (Redhat-Linux).
- Previous Telco Billing knowledge/experience an advantage.
- Scripting experience; Shell, Perl, Python an advantage.
- SQL/ELK/RDBMS knowledge (MySQL) or similar. DB data extraction skills an advantage.
- Protocol knowledge of SS7/Diameter/SMPP an advantage.
- Previous customer support / troubleshooting experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of Wireshark or other packet capture analysis tools.
- Networking (IP) experience/concepts (routing tables/bonding/configuring IP switches).
- ITIL certification an advantage.
- Telecoms knowledge of GSM, SMSC, MAP an advantage.
- Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly.
- Excellent analytical & team working skills.
- Strong listening and problem solving skills, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time-management skills.
- Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written communication.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a pressurized environment.
- Experience in Service Management highly desirable.
- Ability to travel to customer sites globally.
Anam is the world leading independent provider of Messaging solutions for Mobile Operators. Specialising in A2P Monetisation, Security & Hubbing applications, our systems process billions of messages daily across 85 countries for more than 650M subscribers.
Anam’s global team of SMS & A2P consultants use firewall, analytics, visualisation & reporting technologies to generate new revenues from A2P, protect subscribers against SPAM and fraud & deliver operational messaging efficiencies for Mobile Operators.
Anam is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with global Sales offices in Malaysia & Kenya. The company has further substantial worldwide support presence in Czech Republic, Egypt, Jamaica, Malta, Nigeria, Russia, Pakistan & Vietnam.
Anam is rated No 1 SMS Firewall vendor by a global industry survey of 172 Mobile Operators. The company is backed by Enterprise Ireland and was awarded Top Irish Exporter in Deloitte’s 2018 FAST50 programme.