12 Jul Managed Services Support Engineer
Position: Managed Services Support Engineer
The Company has a new and exciting opening which offers a great opportunity to learn and work in a dynamic and emerging technology sector. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with an excellent group of technologists as well some of the world’s most advanced Mobile Network Operators (MNO).
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to join Anam’s Managed Service team. This dynamic group provides managed services and consultancy to our international customer base of Mobile Network Operators. The position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about Telecommunications Networks, security and messaging in particular while working in a fast-paced environment.
The role will also offer the candidate the opportunity to explore and travel extensively across EMEA the CARRIBEAN and ASIA-PAC.
Location: The role is based in an excellent Dublin City Centre location (IFSC) and will require global travel.
Reporting Line: The position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be involved in providing technical support directly and remotely to customers and will be involved in the configuration, deployment and monitoring of all product lines. The position will require global travel to customer sites for configuration / trial setups / deployment projects.
The individual should have the excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to work in an independent way. Excellent people, presentation and communication skills are essential requirements.
- Deployment of systems remotely and on site from delivery through Customer Acceptance Testing.
- Collect and analyse data from Live Messaging Nodes to determine optimal performance and trends
- Generation & validation of customer facing reports
- Utilize and manage bug tracking ticketing system (Jira) to prioritize work
- Live systems performance monitoring and product support
- Troubleshooting of pre and post deployed systems
- Provide an excellent customer service experience to our clients with related SLA’s
- Participation in 24*7 support rota
- Daily interaction with Customers & internal Engineering and Commercial Groups.
Requirements and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years operations/support experience preferably in Telecoms/IT.
- Unix Proficient (Redhat-Linux)
- Scripting experience; Shell, Perl, Python an advantage
- SQL / RDBMS Knowledge (MySQL) or similar. DB data extraction knowledge an advantage
- Protocol knowledge of SS7/Diameter/SMPP an advantage
- Knowledge of Wireshark or other packet capture analysis tools
- Networking (IP) experience/concepts (routing tables/bonding/configuring IP switches)
- Telecoms knowledge of GSM, SMSC, MAP an advantage
- Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly.
- Excellent analytical & team working skills.
- Strong listening and problem solving skills, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time-management skills.
- Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written communication.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a pressurized environment.
- Experience in Service Management highly desirable.
- Ability to travel to customer sites globally.
Anam is the fastest growing, independent SMS Firewall and A2P SMS monetization service provider in the world, filtering billions of messages on Mobile Networks in over 60 countries. Anam’s patented Signalling/SMS Firewall technology enables Operators to safeguard Subscriber trust in the mobile network, shielded from intrusion and SPAM.
With deep industry and technology knowledge, Anam provides the very best consulting talent to monetize A2P traffic. Anam is independent of aggregators and hubs and is focused on working with Mobile Network Operators to transform their A2P business. Anam invented and owns the patent for SMS Home Routing ™, a technique fundamental to SMS Firewalls.