12 Jul Software Development Engineer
Position: Software Development Engineer
The Company has a new and exciting opening which offers a great opportunity to learn and work in a dynamic and emerging technology sector. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with an excellent group of technologists as well some of the world’s most advanced Mobile Network Operators (MNO).
Location: The role is based in an excellent Dublin City Centre location (IFSC).
Reporting Line: The position reports directly to the Software Development Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle across all product lines. The role will include responsibilities for software design, coding, execution and Unit Testing. They will also participate in the development of new feature sets and contribute to the evolution of the adopted software methodology/environment with particular emphasis on efficiency , scalability and software improvement.
- Development of functional specifications as well as associated detail design documents.
- Hands on development with a high level of competence across a variety of programming languages and environments (Java, C/C++, Web Services).
- Full coding and unit testing responsibilities and implementation of design specs.
- Personal ownership of code walk throughs and software verification processes.
- Code implemented adhering to existing software engineering practices and methodologies.
- Complete project deliverables with a high level of quality, using best practices in line with project schedules
- Developing scripting tools where necessary to assist with development and Unit testing
- Take initiative for improving the quality of products, processes and systems.
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate new found skills.
Requirements and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 4-6 years proven software engineering experience in a product development environment.
- Experience of some or all of the following; Java, C/C++, GUI development, Web Services.
- Experience of working in Linux environment is an advantage.
- Python, shell scripting knowledge is desirable.
- Tomcat and Java Apps knowledge desirable.
- MySQL or another database knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of mobile telecoms/SMS products is desirable.
- Knowledge of any network or telecommunication protocols are desirable but not essential (e.g., DIAMETER/IP/SIP/MAP)
- Knowledge of Wireshark or other packet capture analysis tools an advantage.
- Excellent analytical & team working skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time-management skills.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Independent work approach and the ability to multi task in a busy work environment.
- Availability to travel as required.
Please email email@example.com to apply for the role and check out www.anam.com for further information.
Anam is the world leading independent provider of Messaging solutions for Mobile Operators. Specialising in A2P Monetisation, Security & Hubbing applications, our systems process billions of messages daily across 85 countries for more than 650M subscribers.
Anam’s global team of SMS & A2P consultants use firewall, analytics, visualisation & reporting technologies to generate new revenues from A2P, protect subscribers against SPAM and fraud & deliver operational messaging efficiencies for Mobile Operators.
Anam is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with global Sales offices in Malaysia & Kenya. The company has further substantial worldwide support presence in Czech Republic, Egypt, Jamaica, Malta, Nigeria, Russia, Pakistan & Vietnam.
Anam is rated No 1 SMS Firewall vendor by a global industry survey of 172 Mobile Operators. The company is backed by Enterprise Ireland and was awarded Top Irish Exporter in Deloitte’s 2018 FAST50 programme.
Visit www.anam.com for more details.