29 Jun System Test Engineer
The Company has a new and exciting opening which offers a great opportunity to learn and work in a dynamic and emerging technology sector. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with an excellent group of technologists as well some of the world’s most advanced Mobile Network Operators (MNO).
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to join Anam’s QA team. This dynamic team is an integral part of our Engineering group and ensures all Anam products are tested to the highest possible standard prior to been released to our customer base. The position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about all aspects of QA across Telecommunications Networks, security and messaging.
Location: The role is based in an excellent Dublin City Centre location (IFSC).
Reporting Line: The position reports directly to the Test Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be involved in projects requiring test analysis/design and execution within System Test, Integration Test and Customer Acceptance Test environments. They will be in be involved in the design, development and execution of test specifications, test plans and test suites across all product lines. They will also participate in the development of testing strategy and contribute to the evolution of the test environment with particular emphasis on improvement, particularly with automation.
- Complete project deliverables with a high level of quality, using best practices in line with project schedules
- Full life cycle testing responsibilities across multiple products, including development of test suites, developing scripting tools where necessary and execution of test plans reporting any bugs back into the engineering team
- Impart test experience across engineering team and mentoring role as required
- Participate in the development of testing strategy; ownership and responsibility for evolution of the test environment
- Have a strong understanding and appreciation of software test tools and processes
- Hands on development of test specifications, test plans and test case suites.
- Participate in the development of testing strategy; ownership and responsibility for update/maintenance of own test environment.
- Take initiative for improving the quality of products, processes and systems.
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate new found skills.
- Show the initiative in approaching senior members in the test team/organization in order to highlight/resolve and test issues quickly.
Requirements and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years proven Test (Unit/System/CAT in a product development environment).
- Knowledge of mobile telecoms/SMS products is desirable.
- Excellent analytical & team working skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time-management skills.
- Understanding of software life cycle and test gates (Unit, System, Interworking and Customer Acceptance).
- Experience of writing detailed test plans, test suites and design of automated test harnesses
- Strong Linux skills.
- Telecoms knowledge/testing of protocols such as; DIAMETER/SIP/MAP desirable.
- Previous experience of scripting skills in Python and bash advantageous.
- Knowledge of Wireshark or other packet capture analysis tools.
- Tomcat and Java Apps knowledge desirable.
- Exposure to MySQL desirable.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Independent work approach and the ability to multi task in a busy work environment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the role and check out www.anam.com for further information.
Anam is the world leading independent provider of Messaging solutions for Mobile Operators. Specialising in A2P Monetization, Security & Hubbing applications, our systems process billions of messages daily across 85 countries for more than 650M subscribers.
Anam’s global team of SMS & A2P consultants use firewall, analytics, visualisation & reporting technologies to generate new revenues from A2P, protect subscribers against SPAM and fraud & deliver operational messaging efficiencies for Mobile Operators.
Anam is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with global Sales offices in Malaysia & Kenya. The company has further substantial worldwide support presence in Czech Republic, Egypt, Jamaica, Malta, Nigeria, Russia, Pakistan & Vietnam.
Anam is rated No 1 SMS Firewall vendor by a global industry survey of 172 Mobile Operators. The company is backed by Enterprise Ireland and was awarded Top Irish Exporter in Deloitte’s 2018 FAST50 programme.